Thursday, August 06, 2015

Confirmed Debris From MH370



The mysteries of flight MH370 disappearance, since it's departure on the 8th March 2014 has brought about many hours determining it's final rest to the loved ones and the nation which attracted the world attention.

With the findings of the suspected debris that washed ashore on the Réunion island on the 29th July, the search mission has escalated to verify and confirming the debris; flaperon, was part of the ill fated flight. The flaperon is the first physical evidence of what happened to the plane and the 239 people on board.

French deputy prosecutor Serge Mackowiak said that experts have “very strong suppositions" (also translated as “presumptions”) that the flaperon belonged to MH370. He said the experts had matched it to the Boeing 777 specifications of MH370, and that the team would begin further analysis on Thursday.

Friends and family of MH370’s passengers and crew expressed little relief at the announcement, despite repeated condolences from the authorities. Instead they pleaded for search teams to resolve the mystery of their loved ones’ fate.

But analysts also warned that debris may be scattered across a huge region, and almost certainly require MH370’s black box to discover what happened to the plane. The breakthrough in the search could help investigators retrace the ocean currents that brought the flaperon to Réunion, and any damage patterns or other clues on the debris may help the experts develop theories about the aircraft’s destruction.


The Réunion, a French island located in the Indian Ocean. It is situated east of Madagascar and about 175 kilometres (109 mi) southwest of Mauritius, the nearest island.



A full text statement from the Malaysian Prime Minister, Dato' Sri Mohd Najib Razak on the news disclosed early this morning.
On 8 March 2014, flight MH370 from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing disappeared. The days, weeks and months that followed have been a period of torment for the families of those on board.
The plane’s disappearance was without precedent. At every stage, we followed the tiny amount of evidence that existed. But, despite the efforts of 26 nations and the largest search in aviation history, from the South China Sea to the Indian Ocean, the plane could not be located.
Neither could investigations by the world’s leading aviation experts answer why MH370 veered off course and went dark. While the plane’s disappearance remained a mystery, we have shared the anguish of those who could find no comfort.
Last week, on 29th July, we were informed by the French authorities that part of an aircraft wing had been found on Reunion, the French island in the Indian Ocean.
Today, 515 days since the plane disappeared, it is with a heavy heart that I must tell you that an international team of experts have conclusively confirmed that the aircraft debris found on Reunion Island is indeed from MH370.
We now have physical evidence that, as I announced on 24th March last year, flight MH370 tragically ended in the southern Indian Ocean.
This is a remote, inhospitable and dangerous area, and on behalf of Malaysia, I would like to thank the many nations, organisations and individuals who have participated in the search.
The burden and uncertainty faced by the families during this time has been unspeakable. It is my hope that this confirmation, however tragic and painful, will at least bring certainty to the families and loved ones of the 239 people on board MH370. They have our deepest sympathy and prayers.
I would like to assure all those affected by this tragedy that the government of Malaysia is committed to do everything within our means to find out the truth of what happened. MH370’s disappearance marked us as a nation. We mourn with you, as a nation.
And I promise you this: Malaysia will always remember and honour those who were lost on board MH370.